Feodora and her mother live in the snowbound woods of Russia, in a house full of food and fireplaces. Ten minutes away, in a ruined chapel, lives a pack of wolves. Feodora’s mother is a wolf wilder, and Feo is a wolf wilder in training. A wolf wilder is the opposite of an animal tamer: it is a person who teaches tamed animals to fend for themselves, and to fight and to run, and to be wary of humans.
When the murderous hostility of the Russian Army threatens her very existence, Feo is left with no option but to go on the run. What follows is a story of revolution and adventure, about standing up for the things you love and fighting back. And, of course, wolves.
Other books by the author
- The Girl Savage
- Cartwheeling in Thunderstorms
Interview with the author
If you liked this, try…
- The Wolf Princess by Cathryn Constable
- Blood Red, Snow White by Marcus Sedgwick
- The Last Wild series by Piers Torday
- Maybe a Fox by Kathi Appelt and Alison McGhee
- Winter Magic by Abi Elphinstone
- The Deptford Mice trilogy by Robin Jarvis